As an air cadet, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about aviation and aerospace topics
- Develop leadership, teamwork, citizenship, and self-confidence skills
- Participate in sports, music, marksmanship, and public speaking competitions
- Experience the thrill of flying in a glider or a powered aircraft
- Apply for summer camps and scholarships that offer advanced training in aviation
- Travel to different parts of Canada and the world through exchange programs and cultural visits.
- Have fun and make lifelong friendships
The 220 Red River Squadron meets every Monday from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm at the Winnipeg Aviation Museum. The squadron also organizes weekend activities throughout the year, such as field training exercises, flying days, museum visits, community service projects, and social events. The squadron has a dedicated team of officers, instructors, and volunteers who provide guidance and support to the cadets.