Calling all individuals with a passion for drowning prevention! Lifesaving Society Manitoba is currently seeking Northern Water Smart Instructors for Summer 2023. If you know someone who fits the bill, read on for more information.
Successful candidates will receive instructor and lifeguard training, as well as a summer employment opportunity. Not only will this experience be rewarding in terms of making a difference, but it could also lead to future employment opportunities with Lifesaving Society Manitoba or other aquatic employers.
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Hold a valid Class 5 (full) Manitoba driver’s license or equivalent
- Have the ability to swim at least 400 meters continuously in 11 minutes or less
- Be willing to travel to northern and remote locations in Manitoba, including First Nations
- Have a clear criminal record with Vulnerable Sector & Child Abuse Registry Checks
If you meet these requirements, they want to hear from you! Accepted candidates will work for Lifesaving Society Manitoba from the start of training in April for up to 19 weeks. During training, you will be paid minimum wage in addition to receiving training at no cost. Successful completion of training will result in a performance review and wage increase.
The article continues below