Public Skating Rules
• We reserve the right to limit the number of skaters on the ice at one time.
• Skate only in the direction set by skate patrol.
• No food or drinks allowed on the ice.
• Training bars are to remain in the beginners’ area.
• Strollers, sleighs, hockey sticks and footwear (other than skates) are NOT allowed on the ice surface.
• No throwing objects (elbow pad, gloves).
• No piggyback skating (including parents carrying their child).
• Penalty box, players’ benches are out of bounds.
• No dangerous skating (i.e. tag, crack the whip, fast skating, weaving through traffic,
backwards skating, spins or figure skating).
• Cell phones are not to be used while skating, please leave the ice surface if you get a call.
• We strongly recommend the use of a CSA-approved hockey helmet and face mask for all ages.
Any persons violating these rules or behaving in a disorderly manner will be asked
to leave the area.
Calling winter lovers! Trade cabin fever for frozen fun - Manitoba Parks are open for FREE exploration all February. Ski pristine trails, hike snow-covered peaks, cozy up in cabins, and discover the magic of winter! Visit parksmb.ca for details. #FreeManitobaParks
Calling all winter enthusiasts! Looking for a fun and free way to enjoy the outdoors? Join us for FREE cross country ski lessons every weekend at The Forks Winnipeg! These beginner-friendly lessons are perfect for anyone wanting to learn the basics of this exciting winter sport.