Free Entry Into Manitoba Provincial Parks in February
February 1-February 28
The Manitoba government will continue the tradition of offering free park entry for the entire month of February so Manitobans and visitors can enjoy the great outdoors at no cost,
Vehicle permits are not required in any provincial park this month, but SnoPasses are still required for snowmobiles using groomed trails in the parks, and entrance fees still apply in national parks. There are groomed trails in 12 provincial parks across the province for cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing and hiking. Spruce Woods and Turtle Mountain provincial parks also offer outdoor skating areas, hockey rinks and toboggan hills while fat biking is welcome on designated trails in Birds Hill, Spruce Woods and Whiteshell provincial parks.
Park interpreters are offering several guided experiences this winter. Interpretive programs are free and offered year round in Birds Hill, Spruce Woods and Whiteshell provincial parks. Highlights for the month of February include:
• a wolf howl in Whiteshell Provincial Park on Saturday, Feb. 2;
• a guided snowshoe trek in Whiteshell Provincial Park on Sunday, Feb. 10;
• a nature detectives program for families with preschool aged children in Birds Hill Provincial Park on Wednesday, Feb. 13;
• learn to ice fish session in Whiteshell Provincial Park on Monday, Feb. 18;
• a winter family fun day at the winter recreation area in Spruce Woods Provincial Park on Saturday, Feb. 23; and
• a winter safari in Birds Hill Provincial Park on Sunday, Feb. 24.
Interpretive programs are happening every week in February. More information on these events and other upcoming programs can be found under the events tab at the Manitoba Parks Facebook page at www.facebook.com/MBGovParks and online at www.manitobaparks.com.
Teachers can also book free guided school programs throughout the winter season. For more information on winter activities and interpretive programs in provincial parks, email ParkInterpretation@gov.mb.ca or visit www.manitobaparks.com.
DISCLAIMER: Winnipeg For Free is not associated with the hosts and organizers of this event and has minimal contact with them. Winnipeg for Free has no control over the changes in the date, time or location of events. Although, action is taken to find changes, they might not be updated in time.