DIGITALL: Free Computer Courses
June 12 @ 9:00 am-12:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 9:00 am, repeating until June 12, 2019
DigitALL, ICTAM’s newest initaitive, aims to increase the overall participation of Canadians in the digital economy by offering accessible programming to increase digital literacy and improve technology skills across Manitoba. Program delivery will be focused on individuals from under-represented groups and those living in under-served locations. To begin our roll-out of the program, we are holding pilot sessions in Winnipeg, The Pas, and Thompson.
DATES: June 10, 11, 12
TIME: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
ADDRESS: Crossroads Adult Learning Centre – 2211 McPhillips Street
REGISTER TODAY! Sign up in person at Crossroads Adult Learning Centre or call the phone number provided
This three-day (total of 9 hours) course is intended for beginners who have little or no experience with computers. Led by an experienced instructor, you will learn new skills via hands-on practice, classroom discussion and lecture style presentations.
- No previous experience with computers is required
- No Cost to Participate
- Attend all three classes or individual days
By the end of this course, participants will be able to
- Define common computing concepts and terms
- Explain the differences between hardware and software
- Develop desktop navigation skills, including how to use a keyboard and mouse
- Operate basic applications, including MS Word, Internet and email
- Recognize safe computer usage and security awareness
- Effectively manage documents by using files and folders
- Locate resources when needing help or to learn new computer skills
DISCLAIMER: Winnipeg For Free is not associated with the hosts and organizers of this event and has minimal contact with them. Winnipeg for Free has no control over the changes in the date, time or location of events. Although, action is taken to find changes, they might not be updated in time.