NORTHERN EXPLORER MONTH AT ASSINIBOINE PARK ZOO | FEBRUARY 1 – 28
Starting February 1, pay for one regular admission and come the entire month of February for FREE! In addition, a variety of family-friendly activities and zookeeper talks are planned for visitors. Learn about polar bears, climate change, and actions you can take to positively impact the environment.
Northern Explorer Expedition
Grab a Northern Explorer map at the Zoo entrance and check out the “cool” spots around the Zoo. Visit at least five “Cool” spots and submit your checklist to Wild Things Unique Gifts at the Zoo entrance to collect your Northern Explorer reward!
Playtime in the Arctic
Learning is fun at the Gateway to the Arctic building! Be sure to check out the following activities, offered every Saturday and Sunday in February.
• Craft station and hands-on bio-fact tables (10:30 am – 2:30 pm)
• Story time (1:30 pm)
• Zookeeper talks, polar bears and seals (11 am and 2 pm)
Heavy Horse Wagon Rides
• Take a trail ride into the Park, Monday – Friday at 1 pm ($10)
• Trail rides in the Zoo are offered every Saturday, Sunday and on Louis Riel Monday (February 19) at 1 pm ($3)
MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THESE EXTRA SPECIAL DAYS!
Festival du Voyageur in the Zoo | Saturday, February 3 (11 am – 3 pm)
• Meet and greet with Leo, the Festival du Voyageur mascot, and the offical Voyageur family
• Play some outdoor Voyageur games in the Winter Adventureland
Celebrate the Winter Games | Saturday, February 10 & Sunday, February 11 (10:30 am – 2:30 pm)
• Get into the spirit of the games, in honour of the Winter Olympics, and participate in our outdoor activity circuit in the Winter Adventureland
Louis Riel Day at the Zoo | Monday, February 19
• Grab a photo with Winston, our polar bear mascot, who will be greeting visitors at the Zoo entrance (11 am – 1 pm)
• Some very special guests will be joining us. Stop in at the Gateway to the Arctic building and say hello to Skye , Merida , Super Girl, Moana and Spiderman (12 pm – 1:30 pm)
• Get your face painted or a glitter tattoo in the Leatherdale International Polar Bear Conservation Centre (11 am – 2 pm)
International Polar Bear Day Celebration | Saturday, February 24 & Sunday, February 25
• Join us at Tundra Grill in the Zoo for “Breakfast with the Bears”. Enjoy a hot breakfast ($) and watch our polar bears get a special treat in celebration of International Polar Bear Day.
Ways to support our Polar Bear Rescue Team all month long
• Add a $2 top-up to any purchase in the Park or Zoo. Funds raised support our ongoing rescue and conservation efforts and the continued care of polar bears at the Zoo.